Coalition efforts have been highly successful to date. A few highlights:
- Highlighting significant water supply impacts of water conveyance restrictions that greatly limit water supplies for farms, residents, and businesses.
- Broadening the public dialogue and regulatory attention to address important Delta stressors that have previously been ignored;
- Drawing increased attention to the significant impacts of waste water discharges in and upstream of the Delta through the Great Delta Toilet Bowl report;
- Holding industries, municipalities and regulatory agencies accountable that have contributed to the Delta decline without consequence for many years; and
- Initiating and securing funding for extensive scientific research on the multiple stressors impacting Delta fisheries.
The Coalition has also successfully engaged in legal actions, including but not limited to the following:
- Non-native striped bass predation on endangered salmon and delta smelt
- Environmentally harmful power plant diversions
- FEMA National Flood Insurance Program
- Storm water discharge violations from the City of Stockton and the County of San Joaquin.
Visit our Delta Legal Actions page for more information on legal action the Coalition has engaged in.